Our Empty Nest Support Group shares with you our creative new ideas. Read the list and giggle.
I suggested we take 15 minutes to write about: What if you were one of the top ten in an upcoming field or expertise? What would that field be for you?
You had a support team. You were financially backed. Your health was strong. You had the time.
Here is a list of What If's:
- I would take photos of three women living an ordinary life. All would be 50 plus. Then I would photo three children 4 plus and notice similarities in a day and differences. The book would be a success and the documentary would be filmed.
- I would make a neighborhood connection seeing what each household needed and then get volunteers to pull our community together.
- I would mentor adults on how to make a play time every week that was in different locations just in their neighborhood. Then, I would have each person write a short story or do an art piece from that experience to remind them new things are possible.
- I would start a silent walk under the moon once a month and then each month meet at another's home to share a meal and laugh.
- I would ask for help for three months every day and keep a journal about that experience.
- I would sing again for a holiday performance and post it on YTUBE. Then I would make cards with whatever came from that experience THE JOY OF SINGING.
- I would be a top interior designer who simply showed beauty by changing rooms once a month and adding one object of color.
- I would be the expert in story telling which made solutions for relationships easier and quicker.
- I am the make a date matter expert. Say the truth and put your needs on the table.
- I am known as the de-stressor tool woman. I come to your home and make a space with simple daily tools to practice well-being.
Aren't these all fun and exciting inspirations? What would you add to this list for yourself and to inspire others?
WHAT IF WE REALLY SUPPORTED EACH OTHER? LISTENED, INSPIRED, AND MADE A CHOICE TO HELP.
WHAT WOULD YOU HELP SOMEONE DO?
Take good care,
Tags: empty nest
Please log in to post comments on this article. Not a member? Click here to register.